- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 4,000,000 - 4,500,00 JPY / Year +12% performance bonus
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Native
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
About Tokyo Academics:
Tokyo Academics is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics from around the world. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends to a growing number of part-time and full-time individuals located in Tokyo, as well as working remotely. We are an organization of experts deeply passionate about helping students meet their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
Do you love working with incredibly smart people with diverse backgrounds who inspire you to be better and work harder every day? Do you enjoy building relationships, getting excited to work with clients, and using your knowledge about higher education to help develop plans that allow clients to reach their dream goals? Consider joining our client services team at Tokyo Academics.
This role will be based out of our Tokyo office and working during regular business hours of 10:00am to 7:00pm Japan time.
What you will work on:
- Provide amazing customer service, manage our client base and help provide best-in-class education recommendations
- Work closely with our Academics/product teams, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance departments to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Lead client planning process in conjunction with stakeholders from the client services and marketing teams to determine engagement cadence, additional services offered, and critical milestones.
- Meet targets and goals for services renewals, customer satisfaction, client referrals, and additional relevant services
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key clients, and become the expert on all aspects of the client relationship
- Routinely assess, clarify, and validate client needs, as well as lead solution development efforts that best address those needs.
- Provide service solutions that expand and deepen client relationships
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of sales, business development, customer experience, or client interactions experience
- Command of Native Japanese and fluent English (read/write/speak) is required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Have a can-do and positive attitude and be comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Able to remain scrappy and comfortable to shift focus if priorities change and have good judgment on what to prioritize
- Have a working knowledge/broad understanding of the higher education landscape (US and/or international) and the general requirements needed to gain admissions into top higher education institutions
- Have basic experience managing projects and prioritizing work
- Ability to maintain composure and to handle strong personalities or lead tough conversations
- Strong communication skills and comfortable over-communicating and keeping all stakeholders (internal/external) informed
- Experience leading clients or customers through basic sales techniques such as understanding their needs, discovering new opportunities, and overcoming challenges.
- Ability or willingness to learn to use CRM and incorporate best practices
- Proven track record of building relationships with various personalities and backgrounds
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonuses based on company growth
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- Join a growing bootstrapped company with a lot of potential for growth
- Autonomy to implement ideas and have a significant impact
- 40hrs per week
- 10am – 7pm Japan time