- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 2500-3000 JPY / Hour Negotiable
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
AIM Academy is currently looking for committed and motivated individuals to join our team! We are an all-English after-school academy located near Ishikawacho Station & Motomachi Chukagai Station in Yokohama. This position is ideal for professionals and new graduates with a passion for teaching and helping students reach their goals.
Subject(s) that you will be teaching (depending on your background/ability and client demand):
-Elementary Language Arts (reading, writing, spelling and grammar)
-Middle School English (reading and essay writing)
-Math (elementary to calculus with the higher grades focused on the IGCSE/IB curriculum)
-Sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Biology at a level equivalent to the IB diploma)
-HW Help (English Lit, social sciences such as I&S and history, math and sciences)
All lessons are taught in a 1-to-1, 1-to-3 or group setting and entirely in English.
The work schedule is flexible and dependent on your availability and client demand within the above working hours. Part-time and contract work (set number of hours promised per week) available.
*Exceptional candidates can be considered for a full-time position.
Students come in on a set time/day every week, so once the schedule for the trimester is decided, instructors can expect to see the same set of students weekly. Each lesson varies between 1-2 hours in length. We also have a number of students who come in for make-up lessons, so you should expect some irregular lessons to be booked throughout the month.
(Hours may be available prior to the start date upon negotiation.)
¥2500-3000/hour (depending on ability to teach additional lesson types)
Transportation will be compensated up to 1000 yen/day
– have a strong passion for teaching and mentoring young people
– have strong interpersonal skills
– care about the student’s learning and enjoyment throughout the lesson
– be able to develop a positive rapport with students through an energetic and supportive medium
– have an interest in personal growth
– be able to conduct structured yet exciting and high powered lessons
– be a team player and be ready to contribute to making the classroom a positive environment for both the students and teachers
– be flexible to sudden changes and cancellations
– is a native or fluent speaker of English
– have a valid working VISA in Japan
– have prior teaching experience
Not necessary but preferred skills:
– knowledge or experience in International Schools and the IGCSE/IB program preferred
– English-Japanese Bilinguals preferred (English proficiency is a must)
If interested, please submit your CV with a cover letter, a photo, and 2 references to [email protected]
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.