- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary Full Time: JPY 220,000 - JPY 240,000 per month / Part Time: JPY 1,400 - JPY1,700 JPY / Month It is depending on experience and skills
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Foundations International School in Tokyo is seeking a Qualified Contract Full-Time | Part-Time teacher.
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified teacher | educator. We seek an individual who is passionate about education and willing and able to contribute to our school and student life in a wide variety of ways. We teach children aged from 18 months to 12 years old at our school through activities such as music, arts, crafts, science, and games in order to develop their imagination and create an engaging environment where our children have fun while learning English.
Essential teaching requirements include:
- Native or Fluent English speaker.
- At least two years of teaching experience face-to-face with young children.
(Aged 18 months – 12 years old)
- Familiarity with best practice methodologies as they apply to teaching a diverse student body as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Willingness to follow Foundation’s lesson plans using materials provided.
- Comfort in contributing to and working in a team environment.
- Must be active and energetic, and have enthusiasm for teaching children.
- Professional with excellent communication skills.
- Punctual, responsible, flexible, and reliable.
- Currently residing in Japan with a valid working visa.
– Delivery of the curriculum.
– Lesson Planning based on class goals and expectations.
– Creation of a positive learning environment.
– Developing strategies for guiding positive behavior in children.
– Building positive and open communication with children, family, and staff.
– Preparation of the assessment portfolio and progress reports.
– Development strategies to enhance English proficiency in children.
– Preparing & attending school events.
Transportation fees (Max. JPY 10,000 per month)
Transportation: Actual transportation costs for the most economical and reasonable route between the station nearest to home and the station nearest to the work-place.
Position: Full Time
Range: 220,000 yen – 240,000 yen per month.
Initial 60 hours: JPY 1,200 per hour through the Training and Probationary period.
Working Days: Tuesday to Friday, 9:45am to 7:00pm, Saturday 9:00 to 5:00pm.
(One-hour lunch break included.)
*Occasional Special Events – two times each year, sometimes held on Sunday.
[Compensation and Benefits]
- Membership in the Social and Pension Plans.
- Paid holidays provided, following Japanese labor law.
Position: Part Time
Range: JPY 1,300 – JPY1,600 per hour in class.
Initial 60 hours: JPY 1,200 through the Training and Probationary period.
Working Days: At least 2 days per week – 9:30 am to 6:30 pm.
(One-hour lunch break included.)
*Occasional Special Events held on Saturdays and Sundays.
Starting Date: 01 September 2021
Location: Heiwadai Nerima-ku, Tokyo
7-minute walk from Heiwadai Station
(Yurakucho | Fukutoshin Line)
References: Two references required.
Application Method: Please apply with Resume, Photo, and Cover Letter.
Only matched candidates will be contacted for this position.