Started in 1998, Jobs in Japan has been a key resource for expats working in Japan. Our job board is constantly being updated with the latest English speaking jobs in Japan. Our goal is to provide the best work opportunities to foreigners living in and Japan and for those who want to move to Japan.
To help more people and give our audience the benefit of many successful expats experiences here, we are looking for freelance writers to help us provide consistent and seo optimized content on our blog.
If you have some unusual or interesting experiences or information that would be of use for other job seekers in Japan, we want to publish it. Whether they are coming from overseas or living here looking to jump to a better job, your experience can help them avoid bad situations and move towards good ones. We are looking for those that would like to be a “sempai” for other foreigners.
- Writing articles of between 800-1200 words. Length isn’t the only concern, but for our audience we’ve found the best articles are in this range.
- Following our style and content guidelines when you write.
- Coming up with your own articles (subject to approval) to write, with images, research and links to other relevant blog posts on our site.
- Promoting and sharing your content to social platforms.
- Meeting deadlines – research, collecting info and writing all take time, but we like people who meet deadlines once they are set.
What Can I Write About?
We cover a wide range of topics on our blog but we mainly like to focus on:
- Working in Japan
- Living in Japan
- Japanese language and culture
What Are The Requirements?
Must reside in Japan (for more than one year)
- Native-level written English ability
- A unique or engaging writing ability
- Understanding of SEO optimized writing
- Can commit to a consistent writing schedule
- Conversational or better Japanese ability is a bonus
- Previous writing experience is highly preferred
We strongly value writers who can bring a unique perspective to our website. You should be able to write and produce high-quality, original material in a timely fashion and be able to come up with your own article ideas from pitch to completion. You should have an understanding of the Jobs in Japan audience, what the goals of the website are and how you can contribute to it.
How Do I Apply?
To get started please apply as you would a normal job; however, in the cover letter area, please tell us about yourself, why you want to write for us and what topics you would like to cover. Also include any links to other articles you have written. Compensation is done on a per article basis based on experience. Due to the large numbers of applications, only those writers that we feel are qualified candidates will be contacted.
We are always excited to hear from new writers and look forward to having you join our team!