- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Native English speaker OR fluent English speaker.
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar setting working with children aged between 18~36 months.
- A caring, warm, and approachable nature.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be flexible and responsive to changing situations.
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children at this age group
- Works calmly and effectively under pressure.
- AMI Diploma or Certificate and/or a willingness to engage in professional development to support Montessori pedagogy.
- Experience in a Montessori environment.
- First Aid certificate.
The Montessori School of Tokyo (MST) is seeking an Early Childhood Assistant Teacher for our Little People (toddler) program to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will strive to ignite a spark of interest in each individual child, support them in their developmental needs, and nurture their social and emotional development. They will also help the children to develop independence and maintain their classroom through Practical Life activities (Care of Self, Care of the Environment, etc.) so that it can become their ‘place.’
- Ensure the environment is clean, beautiful, and prepared for students at all times - this includes making materials and preparing for food activities as needed.
- Attend to the physical, emotional and social needs of children, including supporting with toilet training, afternoon nap, etc.
- Observe children carefully during the work cycle, being aware that their ability of speech is still very limited (crying also a form of communication) and the pace of development is fast.
- Accompany children to and from activities, including the MST garden, ensuring student safety, especially during transitions
- Support with daily drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Support the teachers to plan and deliver lessons to all children on a regular basis and support children’s holistic development while at school.
- Support the teachers to update Transparent Classroom on a daily basis.
- Update relevant social media feeds.
- Participate in level and faculty meetings.
- Be available for parent meetings as necessary.
Please send a covering letter, CV and full academic transcripts to [email protected], explaining why you are interested, and a suitable candidate for this job.
This recruitment process is open immediately and we will be receiving and processing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.
3-5-13 Minamiazabu, Minato City, Tokyo, Japan