- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥10,000 ~ ¥11,999 / Day (daily rate with all meals and transportation covered)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check the dates below.
- A strong desire to mentor kids and help them make the most of their camp experience
- A visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders and special permission for Instructor visa holders)
Pluses, but not requirements
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability (N3 and higher)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certificationLanguage requirements (Japanese or English level)
The Team Leader/Camp Counselor
- will lead a group of about 8 campers through various camp activities including wake up and bedtimes, mealtimes, camp activity time and free time
- is prepared to participate in physical activities like kayaking, swimming, bouldering and outdoor games
- is aware of their campers' emotional and social needs and will provide attention to each individual camper
- will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable
- will address behavioral issues that arise in their team such as homesickness or aggression
- is also expected to stay in rooms with campers at night
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality who enjoy working with children and want to spend the summer outdoors in nature! We also are looking for Japanese speakers to work as Admin Assistants and Support Staff as well as staff from Nagoya. Other possible roles at camp could be leading our Kayak, Low Ropes and Tie-dye activities or being a staff manager for a group of Team Leaders - check out our application page for more info!
Please note that English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Summer Camp 2022 Basic Schedule
- July 16-20: Onsite Staff Training (departure from Shinjuku to the campsite on July 15 evening)
- July 24-August 25: Camp (We will be running 8 sessions of 5-day camps throughout this period)
In general, Team Leaders work all of the odd or even sessions. They will return to Tokyo in between their working sessions
Remuneration: 10,000 yen per camp day (6,900 yen per training day), all daily meals at camp as well as transportation expenses from Tokyo to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the summer.
We are looking forward to learning more about why you would make a great addition to the English Adventure team. Fill out our short application form online and we will be able to set up an interview with you soon!
Find out more about us: http://www.english-adventure.org/staff
Apply here: https://englishadventure.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Japan, 〒949-8122 新潟県中魚沼郡津南町大字上郷上田甲1745-1