- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Finance & Banking, Media / Publishing / Printing, Translation / Interpretation
- Salary $15 / Hour (Negotiable)
- English Level Business Level
- Japanese Level Fluent
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Professional fluency in English & Japanese;
- A keen interest in and understanding of financial markets;
- Professional experience writing business & financial news for an industry-specific publication or service (like Dow Jones Newswires, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, MarketWatch, etc) is a big plus;
- Daily access to a computer with reliable, high-speed internet connection is required.
Founded in 1999, MT Newswires (https://www.mtnewswires.com/) is an industry-leading provider of original source, real-time, global business & financial news.
The company is growing rapidly and looking for experienced financial reporters and editors to join our newsroom in covering global capital markets and economic news in Japanese.
With both full-time and part-time opportunities available, this will be an hourly contract job, allowing for regular shift work and a reliable income. The position involves writing and/or editing capital market, business and economic news stories for 3-8 hours each Monday through Friday (excluding market holidays) and strong candidates will be quick learners with great attention to detail and an interest in financial markets.
If this job description is of interest and if you meet the specific requirements, please submit your resume, cover letter, and hourly rate requirements to us for consideration.