- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary $1,400 - $1,800 / Month (depends on hours worked per week ($1,400 - $1,800/month for half-time)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Experience teaching adults online
- Native proficiency of North American English*
- Excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills
- Experience teaching pronunciation. (Preference for Color Vowel® Level 1 trained teachers)
- Available to teach remotely (from home)
- Interested in learning new technology skills*We recognize that accents and use of English vary from region to region. NEI teaches only standard North American pronunciation, spelling, and phrasing. No matter how much training or experience you have as a teacher, we can only consider teacher candidates who fit our niche.
NEI has created a data-driven approach based on research proving people learn communication skills faster when their study is focused on relevant content. Part-time teaching online for NEI is a stepping stone to staff positions in our rapidly-growing education technology company.
We work with teachers who are passionate about meeting people and playing an essential role in their lifelong learning. Most of our students are highly-motivated working professionals whose companies sponsor their language training. Our clients are concentrated in pharmaceuticals, IT and finance.
Teachers work from pre-assigned question sets as the basis for a guided conversation. Homework is selected through NEI’s AI recommender system, which matches assignments to learners’ profiles. There is no lesson planning required, and you get to learn about life sciences and technology from
experts in their fields... while they learn from you how to explain themselves confidently and comprehensibly in English.
You may choose your schedule (from 8 to 20 hours weekly). We are currently only considering candidates who can teach both Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 to noon Japan Time.
If you can teach weekend mornings Japan Time, we’d like to talk with you! Please send to [email protected] your resume and a 30-second to 1-minute video introduction of yourself telling us what language(s) you’ve studied, what factors you consider most important for teaching one on one online, and how you would fit in freelance teaching for NEI on weekends. The video can be a link or an attachment and doesn’t have to be fancy or edited!
〒650‐0046 6-9-1 Minatojima Nakamachi S616, Chuo Ward, Kobe City, Hyogo