- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥215,000 - ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Hold a valid visa status that permits work in Japan
- 12 years of education where English was the main language of instruction (all subjects)
- University graduate with Bachelor’s degree or higher (any field)
- Able to commit to a full 1-year contract with minimal absences
- Strong desire to work with young learners (15 years or lower)
[ALT Positions Across Japan with a Supportive Network to Assist you!]
April 2023 is coming up fast, and for those looking to continue life in Japan for another year, working as an Assistant Language Teacher is always a safe career choice. You're always in demand and there's always a schedule to build your week around. But job security isn't the end of it- there's also your work location and support to consider. That's where we come in.
Borderlink, Inc. is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan. We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals interested in becoming ALTs in elementary and junior high schools across the country. As we have expanded every year, so has our variety of positions. Whether it be bustling urban centers like Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya, to more relaxed, rural areas like Gunma, Shiga and Okayama, there's always something that's perfect for you.
If you're looking to relocate to another part of Japan, we are able to assist you with the process, including locating accommodations anywhere your adventure takes you. If you're just looking for something nearby to your current abode, we may have exactly what you seek. Wherever you seek to take your educational career in Japan, we're here to support you.
[General Position Details]
- Contract period: April 2023 to March 2024 (depending on the position)
- Contract Type: Full-Time (Daily-rate part-time positions are also available in select areas)
- General working days: Between Monday to Friday
- General working hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
- School level: Elementary and/or junior high schools
- Location: Various across Japan
- Benefits: Enrollment in Social Insurance (where applicable; some positions include National Insurance)
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
- Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, hassle-free visa renewal, etc.
- Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
- Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) plus free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
- Teach on weekdays (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 5 pm) with no mandatory overtime, leaving evenings, weekends and school vacations free
- Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
- Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
- Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
- If you hold a valid Japanese Driver's License or International Driving Permit but don't own a vehicle, you can lease a company car from us for positions that require driving to commute
Being an ALT can offer long-term stability and lifelong memories, so don't miss out. Send in your application to start the process of securing a position now. We screen every applicant ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and weekends. We are also holding weekend orientation on Skype and at our offices sessions; please let us know if you are interested in joining when you apply. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome to join.
Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink - we're waiting to hear from you today!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*