- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥220,000 - ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Hold a valid visa status that permits work in Japan
- 12 years of education where English was the main language of instruction (all subjects)
- University graduate with Bachelor’s degree or higher (any field)
- Able to commit to a full 1-year contract with minimal absences
- Strong desire to work with young learners (15 years or lower)
[Teach at the Top of Japan's Southern Island - Come to Fukuoka!]
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in cities within Fukuoka Prefecture starting from April 2023. Containing Japan's sixth-largest city, Fukuoka offers plenty to see and do down south, and it's a great location to take your teaching career to.
Join the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools in a job that offers stability and security. Whether you're already living in an area we have positions in or looking to move, don't wait- contact us today, and start the new year off with work lined up for spring!
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
- Contract Period: April 2023 to March 2024 (depending on the position)
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- General Working Days: Monday to Friday
- General Working Hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
- School Level: Elementary and/or junior high schools (kindergartens in select areas)
- Enrollment in Social Insurance (where applicable; some positions include National Insurance)
- Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, setting up a bank account, & hassle-free visa renewal
- Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
- Paid Leave Days (as stipulated by the contract)
- Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) & free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
- Teach on weekdays (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 5 pm) with no mandatory overtime, leaving evenings, weekends and school vacations free
- Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
- Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
[About Fukuoka Prefecture]
Facing the sea on three sides, Fukuoka is at the top of Kyushu and connected to Honshu by car, train and even the Shinkansen. It contains multiple national and prefectural parks, making it a great place for those looking for a little more nature in their lives. Its main city, also called Fukuoka, has some of the best cuisine, shopping, and nightlife in Japan. With access to fantastic beaches, all sorts of natural wonders, one of Japan's most beautiful castles and the rich culture and historical legacy of Kyushu, Fukuoka prefecture is a premiere destination to visit, or to live in!
Being an ALT can offer long-term stability and lifelong memories, so don't miss out. Send in your application to start the process of securing a position now. We screen every applicant ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and weekends. We are also holding weekend orientation on Skype and at our offices sessions; please let us know if you are interested in joining when you apply. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome to join.
Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink - we're waiting to hear from you today!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*