- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥228,000 - ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Successful candidates should possess the following:
- Hold a valid visa status that permits work in Japan
- 12 years of education where English was the main language of instruction (all subjects)
- University graduate with Bachelor’s degree or higher (any field)
- Able to commit to a full 1-year contract with minimal absences
- Strong desire to work with young learners (15 years or lower)
- Some positions in Sagamihara City require driving, those holding a valid Japanese Driver's License or International Driving Permit will get priority. Those who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
[Teach in the 'City that leads to the Future' for Spring 2023!]
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions across the city of Sagamihara in Kanagawa Prefecture. Positions in this exciting area will start from April, so we highly encourage you to apply now- secure one today and breath easy as you have work lined up for 2023! If you're looking to move here from afar, let us know- we are able to assist with finding housing to make your relocation process smoother.
[SPECIAL NOTICE: For current Sagamihara ALTs]
If you have been working in Sagamihara City and are looking to continue from April 2023, we're happy to have you join us! We are planning on holding a company orientation session for you to learn about joining our team for the coming year. Sessions will be held on Wednesday, February 15th and Saturday, February 18th. Further details will be shared with those who apply, so please be sure to let us know when applying that you are a current Sagamihara ALT interested in attending on either day.
Please read on for further information about these positions:
[General Position Details]
- Location: Sagamihara City, Kanagawa
- Contract Period: April 7th, 2023 to March 25th, 2024
- Contract Type: Monthly (Full-time)
- Level: Elementary and/or junior high schools
- General working days: Monday to Friday
- General working hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (actual working time: 7 hours 00 minutes)
- Benefits: Enrollment in Social Insurance
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
*Some positions in Sagamihara allow you to be a special on-call substitute teacher for schools in this city. For those interested, further details can be shared during the interview stage.
- Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, setting up a bank account, & hassle-free visa renewal
- Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
- Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) & free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
- Teach on weekdays (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 5 pm) with no mandatory overtime, leaving evenings, weekends and school vacations free
- Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
- Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
- Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
[About Sagamihara City (神奈川県相模原市)]
Sagamihara is the third largest city and the fifth most populous suburb of the Greater Tokyo Area. This makes it a hub of commerce and culture, and a great place to settle down for anyone who wants close proximity to exciting cities like Tokyo and Yokohama while paying lower prices for rent. Sagamihara has strong business ties to Tokyo and access into the center of the capital is possible by a number of train lines, as well as highways. To maximize your experience in Sagamihara, having a vehicle is recommended; a number of great parks and mountains are just an hour away by car.
Other nearby attractions include Lake Sagami, Yōgen Temple and the Sagamihara Prefectural Park. And access to cities such as Machida, Kawasaki and Yokohama is easy and quick by public transportation. In 2020, Sagamihara City was selected as one of the "SDGs Future Cities" in recognition of its outstanding harmony between the continuously evolving urban area and the grand nature. It is a city that truly seeks to lead the way into the future. Be a part of that future this year as you live and work in Sagamihara!
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and as mentioned conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and on weekends. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and as mentioned we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move. We're waiting to hear from you! Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*