- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 - ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Native English Speaker
- Have a University degree (A degree in Education or Education related subject advantageous)
- Actually enjoy teaching children
- Experience teaching (advantageous)
Asoka English School (Asoka Kindergarten) in located in Miyakonojo City, Miyazaki Prefecture is looking for a native English speaking full time teacher who currently resides in Japan.
Monday - Friday, working 8 hours between 10:00 - 20:00hrs. Straight 8-hour shift (no split shifts)
Teaching hours: About 25 teaching hours per week
Duties / Main Responsibilities
- Prepare and implement lessons and classroom activities aligned with the school concept.
- Cleaning the lesson room
- Planning, preparation, and execution of events (Halloween party, speech contest, etc.)
- 250,000 yen / month
- Salary increase is once a year.
- No overtime pay as there is no overtime work.
- Social insurance (health insurance, pension, and long-term care insurance)
- Unemployment insurance and worker's accident compensation
- Paid transportation
- Training after employment is basically paid.
Initial and ongoing training is provided. We use the GrapeSEED program.
Our students have achieved great results using the GrapeSEED program. It is rate to find an environment where students can take lessons every day, and our teachers are more motivated to teach because they see the great results of their students. The English lessons started with kindergarten students and continued into elementary school, and now we have high school students taking lessons as well.
Miyazaki Prefecture’s largest city is Miyakonojo. It is a flatland-bound sprawl, nestled in between the picturesque Kirishima mountain range. The video below will give you a taste of the city which we love and think you will as well.
- Please apply with a cover letter and resume.
- On your cover letter, please start the first paragraph with the word "Classroom." We want someone that wants to work at Asoka and not someone applying to every job. This will tell us you have read and understood the entire job description.
23-4 Toshimicho, Miyakonojo, Miyazaki, Japan