- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Food & Beverage / Restaurant
- Salary ¥270,000 / Month (negotiable)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Native/Fluent in both English and Japanese
Are you interested in traditional Japanese performing arts? Would you like to converse with and cater to customers from all around the world? Do you prefer working in a fast paced, hands-on environment? If so, this position may be a great opportunity for you to develop your knowledge of Japanese culture as well as provide insight into the world of fine dining in Tokyo.
Suigian is an upscale restaurant located in Nihonbashi that serves authentic Japanese cuisine and features a variety of traditional Japanese performance styles on a daily basis. Patrons from around the world visit us to get a rare glimpse into the world of traditional performing arts while enjoying seasonal dishes made with ingredients from all over Japan. Suigian is unique in that no other theaters allow viewers to enjoy food and drinks while watching a traditional performance. In addition to daily performances, Suigian also hosts periodic music and art events with high volumes of customers.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Catering to both Japanese and Foreign patrons in English and Japanese (Japanese language skills an absolute must)
- Taking orders and running food/drinks
- Cleaning duties- Serving & bussing tables
- Washing glassware
- Assistance with any English language related tasks
- Two days off per week (restaurant is closed Mondays + 1 additional day off)
- Social insurance benefits (employment, workers insurance, health, pension, etc.)
- Uniform loan
- Summer Vacation
- Winter Vacation
- Paid Vacation days
- Transportation reimbursed
- Daily staff meals
Working hour examples: 10:00~19:00hrs, 13:00~22:00 hrs
Monthly salary (determined based on experience and ability)
*Salary includes 20 hours of fixed overtime; any excess will be paid separately.
Please note that as this is a floor staff position, your main function will be customer service (running food, taking orders, ensuring patrons are comfortable and well taken care of, etc.
We are looking for a friendly, socially adept individual who can be on their feet for long periods of time.
There will be days where foreign tourists/residents are not booked and thus you will be required to provide service in Japanese. The other staff members speak a limited amount of English but are there to help you.
- Knowledge of traditional performing arts/tea ceremonies a plus
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine a plus
- In addition to English/Japanese language skills, other language skills are a big plus
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry a plus
*Visa sponsorship available to the right applicant; however, preference will be given to those who do not require sponsorship
**There is a 1~3 month trial period.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Nihonbashi2-5-10 Muromachi, Fukutoku Garden B1F