K&F is a thriving language school located in picturesque Takehara and Mihara, cities in western Japan, bounded by mountains and the sea. Although the major city attractions (and great historical interest) of Hiroshima are just an hour away, Takehara and Mihara themselves are mid-size cities and so offers all the personal challenges and rewards of an “immersion experience” in traditional Japan. K&F has for the past thirty years maintained two language schools with lively and creative educational programs, teaching small classes for a range of ages (from small children to adults) as well as organizing occasional extracurricular activities (Halloween & Xmas parties, barbecues, etc.) for schools, companies and community participants.
MISSION AND GOALS
K&F English Academy is a young, lively language school that strives to provide Japanese children and adults with personal opportunities, through effective and enjoyable English language programs, to expand their awareness and appreciation of the world community, while providing children and adults of the world community‑‑especially our teaching staff‑‑with personal opportunities to expand their awareness and appreciation of Japan and the Japanese. Thus, from this personal level of cultural exchange, K&F English Academy seeks to contribute, in its own small way, towards a greater global understanding and peace.
- To provide effective and enjoyable English language instruction for Japanese children
and adults that will support them in developing communicative competence and
- To provide enjoyable extracurricular activities that promote the mutual exchange of
language and cultural understanding between the Japanese and foreign teachers from
the world community.
- To expand the awareness and appreciation of Japanese children and adults towards the
world community through personal experiences with foreign teachers as well as home-
stays, and study opportunities in foreign countries.
- To expand the awareness and appreciation of children and adults of the world community
towards Japan and the Japanese through the personal experiences of both foreign
teachers in Japan and the homestay families in foreign countries that host visiting
Japanese children and adults.
- To maintain a strong, dependable staff whose attitudes and actions are aligned in
support of the organization’s mission and goals.
- To develop and maintain strong, clear company infrastructure: the organization’s
identity and vision; the administrative structure and practices; the school curriculum
and student/parent relations; overseas programs such as homestays, and study
opportunities; staff hiring, orientation, training, and support; marketing and
communications; fiscal management; and facilities maintenance.
- To develop and maintain a visible and favorable presence within the local community
through a friendly, supportive stance towards community groups and activities.
- To inspire all who, in some way, participate in its work to further appreciate the world’s
cultural differences while more clearly recognizing the deeper human similarities which
underlie these differences.