- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥1500 ~ ¥2200 JPY / Lesson
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written).
- Availability during peak hours of operation is highly desirable
- Japanese bank account required.
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification valued.
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Non-teaching career progression opportunities available
Gaba is looking for a new English Instructor to join our growing Sendai learning studio.
Based in central Sendai, our learning studio is easily accessible from not only Sendai station, but also Hirose-dōri and Aoba-dori Ichibancho, facilitating convenient commuting via JR and subway lines. Sendai learning studio caters for a range of client types including hobbyists, students, children and working professionals. Our clients are motivated individuals that are often looking to take lessons in their free time – meaning the evenings (17.30-20.25) and Saturdays (09.15-18.55) are times of high demand.
Successful candidates can expect to:
- Teach 1-to-1 lessons
- Teach primarily adults with the option to teach kids and corporate lessons
- Design your own teaching schedule, customizing your income
- Teach in a professional environment, Learning Studios (LS)
- Develop teaching skills and future career
General eligibility criteria:
- Must be of native level English proficiency (both spoken and written)
- Availability during hours of peak operation is highly desirable
- Must be comfortable using a computer
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification highly valued
- Japanese bank account required
All successful applicants will be asked to attend 3 days of Initial Certification before starting to teach, which will be held from 10am – 7pm each day.