- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,700 - ¥3,000 / Hour (Depending on experience and qualifications)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Native level English
- Currently living in Japan
- Valid work visa
- A few years teaching experience at school
- Passionate in working with children
Do you have a passion for teaching languages to children? As a teacher, would you like to teach languages not only as a skill, but also as a way of communication? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Yajima Kindergarten is a preschool in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. established in 1974, we will celebrate its 50th anniversary next year and now we have 240 children aged between 3 and 5 years old.
OUR GOAL IN LEARNING ENGLISH
We introduced English lessons six years ago. Our goal in learning English is not so much to become fluent, but rather to help children realise that communicating in English is fun! and to give children the motivation and courage to communicate in a foreign language.
OUR ENGLISH PROGRAM
We have been using 'Kids Brown' since the beginning. This is a unique English teaching programme developed by Brown University in the USA to suit the language developmental stages of children. It is screen-based and can be operated by Japanese teachers.
- Teach English language skills to children aged 3-6 in an engaging and interactive manner.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans to enhance language acquisition.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods, including songs, games, and storytelling, to engage young learners.
- Encourage active participation and facilitate language practice through role-plays, group activities, and individual exercises.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to create a cohesive curriculum and ensure consistency in teaching approaches.
WORK DAYS / HOURS
The children have only short time for English lessons as they also have a variety of events and activities, but they look forward to English time!
- Children have English lessons once a week (with summer, winter and spring breaks).
- Three classes of 15 minutes each. 3 classes in one day. (all three classes should have the same content).
What We Offer
- Hourly rate: ¥2,700~3,000 (depending on experience)
- Commuting allowance: max 2500 yen/day
- Basically once a week
- 9:30AM~12:00PM (2.5h/day)
What we don't offer
- Paid holidays
- Social insurance
156-1, Kosuzume, Tosuka, Yokohama, Kanagawa