- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥240,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Native English Speakers
- Posses a valid Japanese visa (with working permission) or visa eligibility (sponsorship available)
- Reside in/near a location where a teacher is needed or be willing to relocate
- Applicants already in Japan (or who can return to Japan) with a valid visa can start as early as October 2nd or November 6th, 2023
- Overseas applicants who require a visa can start as early as February 2024 or later
- Experience teaching and working with children a plus
With over 130,000 students and more than 1,400 classrooms nationwide, Peppy Kids Club is one of the largest English language schools in Japan. If you are interested in teaching in Japan and you enjoy working with children then Peppy Kids Club may be the right employment opportunity for you.
We are seeking applicants to fill teaching positions in the Nagoya-Chubu Region (Nagoya City (Aichi), Tajimi City (Gifu), Ichinomiya City (Aichi), & Toyohashi City (Aichi)) as well as other parts of Japan: Akita, Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima, Chiba, Kanagawa, Ishikawa, Shiga, Wakayama Hyogo, Yamaguchi, Fukuoka, Saga, & Kagoshima Prefectures. Successful applicants will teach at a variety of locations in their assigned area.
At Peppy Kids Club, our mission is to provide S.A.F.E. (Safe, Affectionate, Fun and Educational) lessons to every student in every class. The core qualities that we seek in applicants include: Reliable and responsible, Cheerful and enthusiastic, Highly motivated to teach children, & Customer service orientated.
We teach children exclusively! Our students are between the ages of 2.5 and 15 years old. Our focus is English communication and internationalism. Our lessons are designed to be fun and interactive and include singing, dancing, and other games and activities to reinforce our lesson objectives. We are very proud of our lessons. Our curriculum team creates and develops the lesson content and our classrooms are well-stocked with a variety of teaching materials.
Working with children, while stimulating and rewarding, is also physically and mentally demanding.
Work Schedule - Teachers are scheduled to teach at 4 different classrooms each month, spending 1-week at each classroom. Teachers commute to the classrooms by public transportation. Lessons usually start in the afternoon or early evening. Lessons typically begin at 3:45pm or 5:00pm and may finish as late as 20:30pm. Teachers are usually scheduled to teach 3 to 4 lessons per day.
Our teachers work independently at each classroom location and are responsible for teaching the lessons as well as the welfare of each student. Each student attends a 1-hour lesson once a week. Each month, three of their lessons are taught by a Japanese teacher and the fourth lesson is taught by a Native English teacher. The average class size is approximately 6-10 students. Bilingual support from our Head Office is available if needed.
- All new teachers participate in a comprehensive 2-week paid training session to learn our curriculum and to develop teaching skills that are required in the classroom. Training takes place in Nagoya.
- The starting salary is ￥240,000 per month. Non-working visa holders may be offered a different compensation package.
- An annual performance-based bonus of up to ￥80,000 (increases with tenure) is available.
- The monthly commuting costs are fully reimbursed.
- 10 paid vacation days during the first year of employment
- Enrollment onto Company Insurance (Shakai Hoken). Company Insurance includes health insurance and Japanese pension contributions. Monthly Insurance premiums are approximately ¥34,000
- Teachers provide their own transportation to attend training but will be provided with transportation to travel to their placement location upon the completion of training.
After training, teachers move to their placement locations and begin teaching at their assigned classrooms. Teachers who require housing are assigned to a semi-furnished, single occupancy, company apartment.
We provide visa sponsorship for eligible candidates. A bachelor degree or higher from a recognized university is necessary to be eligible for a sponsored working visa (Engineer/ Specialist in Humanities/ International Services).
Opportunities for advancement are available to standout teachers.
Nagoya, Aichi, Japan