- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥260,000 - ¥300,000 / Month (Negotiable)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Must LOVE to have Fun with kids.
- Must be positive, outgoing, organised and reliable.
- No Japanese needed, but would be an asset.
- Must be native level English proficiency. Any nationalities are welcome to apply but you must be native level.
- CELTA /TELF /TESOL Certification is a plus
- Experience: 1+year of teaching experience in child education.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must currently be living in Japan.
- Must have a valid working visa.
Do you love teaching children?
Would you like to live 20 minutes from Tokyo without the crazy living cost? Would you like your day to be varied and interesting with more than teaching duties (training, curriculum, videos, etc.)?
If YES, Discovery Language school might be the place for you.
What we want:
Due to growth, we are currently looking for another qualified teacher to join our team as we add new classes.
Discovery Language school is quickly growing and expending English school.
We specialise in fun and exciting, student-centered English lessons for students ranging in ages from 2-15 years old.
Our curriculum has proven to be very effective and shows very fast results for most students.
A handful of lessons for junior high school, high school and adults students are also available in the evening.
Lesson plans are pre-made with monthly training sessions on how to deliver the lesson. So everyone is ready to give a high-quality lesson, at the same time you have some freedom to add your own stuff to meet your students’ needs (yes, because every kid is different!)
Goals for 2023 and 2024:
-Finishing creating our own course-book for kindergartens
- Set an English immersive program
- More events (Camps, cooking classes...)
Therefore, our ideal candidate would be someone who loves teaching but wants to do more and looking for the right school and environment to grow.
Why did we choose the name “Discovery Language School?”:
We're more than just an English school, we're a close community helping our students achieve 3 key goals to have a successful, meaningful and happy future.
1- Communication: Being able to express their emotions and opinion via English as a tool can promote their connection with other people and culture.
2- Challenge: By creating a safe environment, students can take advantage of their mistake to help them propel themselves to achieve more.
3: Independence: As a school, we try to give each student some creative space so that they can use their imaginations not only to remember English but to build on their own personalities.
Characteristics of the ideal Candidate:
1- Professional – we are looking for teachers, not just English speakers.
2- Experienced – Must be good with children
3- Team-oriented – people skills and ability to work in a group.
4- Clear and understandable accent. We encourage all nationalities to apply.
5- Looking for long-term teachers - We have very little turnover and invest in our teachers so we looking forward to watch our teachers grow.
6- Flexible. We work with children. Things come up, and the ability to ‘roll with the flow’ is a must.
7- And above all…a positive attitude. Our staff love coming to work, and we want to keep it that way.
Contract type: Full time (Visa sponsorship available if necessary)
- Salary: 250.000yens per month for entry-level and up from there. Our leaders and long-term teachers make much more than that.
-Company-sponsored health insurance and pension program
- Competitive holiday and day-off schedule
- Generous time off.
Opportunities to be involved in our in-house Leadership teams to grow your skills and career (3-4 hours /week)
- Curriculum team
- Training team
- School leader
- Production Team (Videos/ Music/ Events…) and growing…
- A sense of a team and community. We truly value our team and support them professionally and personally.
- Holiday : Golden week 5 days - Summer holiday 10 days (14 days of a long holiday including regular Sun & Mon off) - New year’s Holiday 10 days (14 days of a long holiday including regular Sun & Mon off)
Bonus: Every May: (working after 1 year)
Full-time teaching position:
Teaching mainly students ages 2 to 12 years old student-centered English lessons and few teenagers and adult lessons. Teachers will be responsible for student management, schedule adjustment, planning events, office support, etc.
- Work Hours at Discovery (Main school): 3-4 days a week.
About 4 to 5 50-minutes lessons a day, five days a week. Work hours sometimes fluctuate due to special circumstances, but typical work hours will be 10:00 to 19:00 or 12:00 to 21:00 on weekdays for teachers at the main school, 9:00 to 18:00 for teachers at the kindergartens and Saturday at the main school. There’s a 1-hour break. Hours include prep time and training.
- Working hours at the kindergartens (once or twice a week):
Working hours would be 9:00 to 17:30 at the kindergarten. Teaching around 3-4 hours, playing with children, planning events teaching mainly students ages 3 to 6 years old.
Discovery holds several special events during the year such as holiday parties, Halloween party, 2 summer camps, 1 winter ski camp, Kindergarten shows etc.
Location : Ichikawa is located in Chiba. It is 20 minutes train ride from Tokyo. Transportation fees will be fully paid.
Our main school in Ichikawa city : https://goo.gl/maps/LaviNG4g7TH7UcDQ8
We work with 7 kindergartens in Chiba prefecture. Most teachers spend at least 1 day a week in a kindergarten.
-Please apply with a cover letter and resume at [email protected] .
-Due to the high number, not all will be contacted. Please understand.
If you have previously applied for a position please feel free to apply again.
We are much looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you very much for reading.
Discovery Language school.
Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan