- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 230000-250000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Let’s make children love English together! Starting immediately, you can be a start of something amazing as Assistant Language Teachers (ALT) in Ozora Town, Hokkaido!
Must be able to drive or obtain International driver’s license due to remoteness. We can provide you with a rental car if needed!
The placement will be in an elementary school, junior high school, and kindergarten in Ozora Town, Hokkaido where the ALT will assist as a team teacher and help plan English lessons under a schedule created by GLAD and the Board of Education. As well as teaching English lessons, you may also be asked to participate in other school activities such as clubs, cleaning the school, cultural festivals and help students for speech contest.
Immediate start – March 31st, 2021
Work hours: Monday through Friday (K/ES: 8:20 am – 3:00 pm with occasional 10:20 am – 5:15 pm ES shifts, JH: 8:35 am – 5:15 pm)
- Days off include weekends, national holidays, and other holidays set on the Board of Education’s school calendar
- Ongoing and continuous support (training and advice)
- Native speaker of English
- Holder of a university Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Holder of a valid visa status that allows work in Japan (renewal available)
- Holder of a Japanese driver’s license or international driving permit in order to commute to schools
- Able to speak conversational Japanese: communication is crucial for planning and creating lessons with Japanese teachers of English. We also highly suggest that teachers be able to be involved with the communities here
Ozora is a town of Hokkaido located on the northeastern part of Hokkaido. Hokkaido the second largest island of Japan. Like snowy terrain and winter sports? Hokkaido is known for the best slopes and ski resorts in Japan in winter.
This town is especially known for the quality and freshness of their seafood, dairy, ramen, fruits and vegetables, and beer!
In addition to our strong support system, here at NPO GLAD, we try to make living in Japan as easy and stress-free as possible so that you can enjoy your time here as much as you can.
We look forward to speaking with all of you! Apply right now!