- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥285,000 ~ ¥330,000 / Month (Negotiable depending on experience; ¥100,000 annual finishing bonus; health insurance; transportation; professional development support)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Valid teaching certificate (secondary level)
- University diploma in science education
- Teaching experience required
- Native English ability
- Japanese resident or working visa
Tokyo YMCA International School seeks a full-time, highly qualified and organized middle school teacher. Working hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday, including some Saturdays and two annual school camp trips. Pay rate depends on experience and education. Position starts August 15, 2022.
Basic daily duties include teaching subject-specific content through an American-based curriculum, weekly lesson planning, committee work for annual events, organizing an after-school club activity and recess/lunch duties. Two annual camp events require attendance for a period of three days/two nights and four days/three nights. Additionally, middle school students plan and take a three day trip to a location in Japan usually in the spring.
The position includes support for professional development; health insurance; opportunities for extra seasonal work (summer/winter programs) and holiday breaks (winter, spring, summer and Japanese national holidays).
Located in east Tokyo on the Tozai Subway line. TYIS is a 5-minute walk from Toyocho station.
Send resume to Principal Maxfield.
2 Chome-2-20 Tōyō, Koto City, Tokyo, Japan