- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000 - JPY / Month Yearly increases, Potential savings plan after 2 years.
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
ELF Kids English school is looking to fill a full-time teaching position for our school in Shiga Prefecture from April 2021.
The ideal candidate can start our training program in early March.
The ideal candidate:
- genuinely enjoys working with children.
- has a fun, caring and creative personality.
- is comfortable teaching in a smaller classroom environment (~6 kids).
- enjoys singing, dancing and knows how to tell stories (or is willing to learn).
- is comfortable using both old and new teaching tools (whiteboards, flashcards, iPads/Apps, etc.) or willing to learn.
- is reliable, dependable and communicates well with others.
- is willing to ask for help, advice or training.
- is committed to professional development and keen to become a better teacher.
We believe in utilizing the full skill sets of all of our teachers. If you have additional skills, we would love to hear about them. Since 2001, we have had contributions from artists, musicians, computer experts, writers, and more. We will be opening ELF Studios in 2021, so we are particularly interested in candidates with audio and video production skills. We encourage you to include any abilities or hobbies that you have in your cover letter and resume!
Position and Salary Details:
- 4~5 classes/day
- 5-day work week + events
- Salary: ¥250,000 ~ (annual increases)
- Paid Vacation: Summer, Winter and Golden Week (about 25 days)
- Visa sponsorship or renewal possible
- Furnished apartment available
- Optional savings plan after 1 year of employment
- AT LEAST 1 year of teaching experience with younger learners in Japan (please do not apply if you have no teaching experience)
- 4-year university degree
- TESOL or other certifications preferred.
Tell me about ELF Kids:
ELF Kids is a part of ELF Learning (Everyone Loves Fun Learning!), an independent publisher that creates music, videos, textbooks, and other materials for children. Our original curriculum incorporates a strong blended learning component and aims to help children learn to communicate in English as naturally as possible.
We place a heavy focus on Extensive Reading from elementary school and have both a large lending library with an automated checkout system (beep-beep) and an online reading program to encourage and motivate our students to read.
Our school is located in Omihachiman City, a comfortable town of around 100,000 people in central Shiga. Omihachiman is a very easy place to live and work, and its centralized location means you’re only a short train ride from Kyoto (30 minutes), Osaka (60), Kobe, or Nagoya (75).
Shiga is also the home of Lake Biwa, the largest lake in Japan. It’s an ideal location for hiking, cycling, swimming, camping, and other outdoor activities.
School Website: www.elfkids.jp
Company Website: www.elflearning.jp
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/omigrad