- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 1,200 ~ 1,400 JPY Hour
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- We are a small but growing international preschool seeking an assistant teacher. As the assistant teacher you are expected to be the support person for the lead teacher and assist them in their educational goals.
- Your primary activities will be working directly with the children, playing and talking with them, supporting their developing skills and learning, assisting them during bathroom breaks, supervising and helping to prepare for daily activities (arts and crafts, etc.), assisting with classroom clean up, and helping with classroom management
- This is a part-time position. Starting in December, there will be 1 day per week (10:00-14:00) at our Itabashi location. From February onward, there will be 2-3 days per week (10:00-14:00) at our new Asaka location.
- Twice a year, you may be asked to work on weekends for our seasonal events.
- There is a 3 month probationary period for this position.
- Transportation expenses covered
- Potential performance bonuses
- Paid vacation days after six months of employment
- A growing company with many career progression opportunities
- A friendly working environment that rewards creativity
- Time off for Gold Week and summer/winter/spring break
- Fluent in English
- Must reside in Japan & have an eligible work visa
- Must be able to work in both Asaka (Saitama) & Itabashi (Tokyo)
- Must be able to lift 10 kg
- Able to complete a 1 year contract
- Classroom & scheduling flexibility
- Must work well with others & possess strong communication skills
- Patient, understanding, & passionate about working with children
- Conversational Japanese
- Classroom experience
- Childcare experience
- Office experience
- Computer skills
- Education/childcare certifications or degrees
Please submit your resume or C.V. for consideration. Please include a cover letter with a recent photo attached. We look forward to hearing form you.