- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Advertising / PR / Marketing, Media / Publishing / Printing
- Salary ¥3.0M (min) - 7.3M (max) / Year plus commission
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Business Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in B2B sales, have top communication skills (in person, written, phone) in English and Japanese, and a genuine interest in media, magazines, advertising and branding (or at least in learning more about these industries). They would demonstrate tenacity, creativity and quick thinking, be commercially minded and focused on hitting targets, with no fear of phones, rejection, or dealing with different types of people (including very senior executives). Those with a strong current personal/business network in Tokyo would have the best chances of early success.
Eurobiz Japan, the official magazine of the European Business Council, is a premium English-language business magazine published in Tokyo. Eurobiz is read by CEOs and Presidents of the largest multinational corporations in Japan, and carries advertising from some of the most prestigious brands worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic salesperson having a creative and positive mindset to identify, prospect and sell to clients who could benefit from the several options Eurobiz offers for branding, promotion and marketing to a high net-worth clientele here in Japan.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. No phone calls or emails regarding this role or individual applications will be accepted.
This is an opportunity to earn a salary that directly reflects your achievements and successes on the job - rewards are immediate, and there is no upper limit to how much you can earn. You will also have the confidence that comes with offering the best product and service of its kind in Japan.
You will receive training and be equipped with the tools and knowledge required to succeed. On the job, you will learn in great detail about the functioning of various industries and business in Japan in general.
Please apply if you:
- currently live in Tokyo (at least two rounds of in-person interviews will be required)
- know the world of sales (this is not an easy job)
- like meeting and doing business with new people (it's not telesales)
- want to work long-term in English print media in Tokyo (you don't quit because it's hard at the outset)
- are motivated by numerical/financial targets (you want to earn a lot of money and feel good doing it)
- have excellent communication, interpersonal skills
Your cover letter should clearly demonstrate why your experience and personality makes you the ideal candidate for this job.