- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥240,000 - ¥260,000 / Month (Straight salary each month - not lowered during months with fewer classes)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Do you have a strong interest in living in the Japanese countryside amongst the Japanese Alps and experiencing Japanese culture?
Office Global Support is an Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) agency, and are seeking energetic and responsible English teachers for full time positions in public junior high schools or elementary schools in Nagano prefecture.
We are looking for people who:
- Are independent and responsible
- Have a good professional work ethic
- Are naturally outgoing
- Enjoy working with children
- Are self-motivated and organized
- Able to team teach with a Japanese teacher
- Can create games and activities
- Are flexible, understanding and helpful towards staff
- Driving license is preferred
TEFL, TESOL, CELTA and other certification is preferable, but not required.
As a Junior High school ALT, you would assist Japanese teachers of English in delivering lessons in the classroom, as well as be involved in lesson planning and other language teaching tasks.
Other duties would include showing an interest in school club and sports, and being part of school-wide events such as sports days, culture festivals, and music competitions.
ALTs are expected to join in on school activities while interacting with the students as much as possible. It is an ALTs role to make English fun and practical for the students.
*The positions are full time, Monday to Friday, with paid school holidays.
*Salary will be paid every month (12 months including summer vacation).
Office Global Support provide ALTs with training prior to placement as well as regular workshops throughout the year. Our staff will provide support with your personal and school life if needed and help in finding apartments, banking, immigration issues, and getting acclimated to your new environment.
Applicants should be native fluent in English. Previous teaching experience is an advantage but not necessary. Applicants must reside in Japan and be able to commit to a full year contract.
The teaching positions start from April 2023.
If you have an interest in working in Nagano at a public elementary or junior high school, please apply as soon as possible. Only successful applicants will be contacted and arrangements made to have a Skype/Zoom interview.
Thank you for your interest in Office Global Support. We look forward to hearing from you soon!