- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching, Tourism / Travel / Hospitality
- Salary 210,000 ~ 250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Other Languages Spanish, French desirable
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Applications are now being accepted for the position of English Instructor at English Village International, KK (known locally as EVI) south of Osaka in Tanabe, Wakayama.
We are a small, family-based English school which has been in operation for more than 30 years with an excellent reputation in the local area. Tanabe (the second largest city in the prefecture), and the surrounding area has a population of approximately 140,000 and is located in the heart of the Kumano Kodo World Heritage region and next door to Shirahama, the third most popular beach resort in Japan. Live and work in a pristine area of natural beauty with access to small city pleasures. Kyoto and Osaka are easy day trips.
We also have a small guest house where we host travelers from around the world coming to visit the pilgrimage routes of the Kumano Kodo and the beach resort of Shirahama.
We require a new teacher with a valid driving license to fill a vacancy from the 1st of April 2019. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume with a recent photo attached.
We will offer the successful candidate a one-year contract with an option to renew upon mutual agreement, three weeks paid holiday per year, accommodation including basic amenities (lights, water, wi-fi, etc. as well as evening meals on teaching days), and fully-resourced new classrooms in which to work. (visa sponsorship is available if required) Up to 26 teaching hours (Tue to Sat), teaching a variety of classes from children to adults.
In addition to teaching English, staff help with taking care of our small guest house, greeting guests, caring for the premises and acting as a liaison. Staff usually enjoy the wide variety of work while getting to know Japanese culture and travelers from around the world. Owners, Kathy and Hideo are active in the community and are both licensed guides of the Kumano Kodo. Kathy practices Aikido, the martial arts dedicated to resolving aggression peacefully. The job is perfect for applicants wishing to experience life in Japan on more levels than just in the classroom.
The successful applicant should hold the following skill set:
4- yr degree or Working Holiday Visa
– a passion for teaching
– possess a valid International or Japanese driver’s license
– be creative and organized
– possess the necessary skills to relate to a wide spectrum of students varying in age and ability
– have an ability to follow systems
– be friendly and flexible in outlook
– ability in languages other than English is a plus
– neat and tidy in appearance
– willingness to learn the Japanese language
– have good health
– enjoy meeting people from around the world