- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000-300,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Now we are hiring a full-time teacher for elementary school.
Green Bear is an international school founded in 2001, aiming to give Japanese children an opportunity in international standardized education. The school rapidly grew in size and currently has more than 600 students enrolled every year. As for its success in business, we can provide you a fun enthusiastic environment.
Where is the school located?
We have two schools. Both of them are located in the Tokyo area within a 20 min train ride to central Tokyo. Comfortable suburb area with one of the biggest shopping malls and dollar shops in Japan nearby. Both of the schools are located about 5 mins walking distance from the nearest station. This spring, we have opened up 4 story school house. Let’s work at the brand new environment!
What kind of position?
We have a possible opening both in kindergarten and elementary.
Basic work routines are the same condition as below.
- Full-time class room teacher for a minimum one year contract
- Children’s ages ranging from 3 to 12.
- Work Day and Hours: 8 hours a day. 5 days a week. We have weekend school event 5 times a year.
- Max.20 children in the class.
What are the benefits besides the salary?
- 6 weeks paid holiday.
- Support boosting up your new life in Japan not only with visa sponsorship but for finding a place to live, providing basic electric appliances. The company will sign the internet provider contract for you (sometimes necessary for foreigners).
- Chance of promotion depending on skill level.
- We have a support staff member to set up the initial start-up in Japan such as housing, bank, and insurance.
******MUST have qualifications *******
- Native English speaker or raised in native English speaking country for 5+ years.
- Either a teaching license in your home country or a BA level degree in primary / childhood education. (Note: CELTA, TEFL, TESOL licenses do not apply teaching license.)
- Have experience as a lead teacher.
Required manner and attitude to the work
- Follow the outline and agenda to understand the overview of school.
- Co-working with other partner.
- One should be able to plan, develop, the curriculum for the optimization.
- Good communication skill with management team.
- Respect for others and strong teamwork.
- Creativity in generating a unique approach to capture the potential of children, and spare no effort for their growth.
- Enthusiastic about kids everyday growth, have a flexible and patient approach accounting for the weaknesses and strengths of each student.
- The successful teacher will be able to meet or surpass the following English Language Objectives for the Kinder 1 & 2 by the end of the school year. The teacher must be able to teach these in systematized way and well aware how to teach reading and writing based on phonics.