Rafael stopped by this week to regale us with his tale of multiple jobs in Japan, both teaching and non-teaching, and eventually deciding Japan wasn’t the best place to continue his career. Who says you can’t go home? Enjoy!
(Bonus props to Rafael for creating the vintage Japan-esque header image.)
- 02:20 – Intro
- 06:00 – How did you get a scholarship to study in Japan? What was it like?
- 10:13 – I think being a ski-lift attendant would be a sweet job, but what was your experience like?
- 13:35 – Rafael gets accepted to the JET Program
- 20:27 – What he thought of JET and his next career move
- 27:00 – Rafael’s first non-teaching job and how he got it
- 34:20 – Why Rafael decided to leave Japan
- 43:25 – Final Advice