- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary 250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
We are looking for new Instructors to join our team who:
- Are Native English Speakers*
- Have a two-year Associate Degree or higher;
- Are independent and creatively minded, ready to innovate and adapt in any circumstance;
- Are self-reliant in their work, can think and act as an entrepreneur;
- Have a strong sense of professionalism, and able to serve as an ambassador of the WinBe brand;
*Our curriculum puts emphasis on pronunciation and phonics practice; while we of course welcome English speakers from a variety of regions with varying dialects and accents, we ask that you are able to effectively teach and express these concepts in a phonetically natural English environment.
Yaruki Switch Group is currently looking for energetic and dedicated Native English teachers for our WinBe schools in Kagoshima Prefecture!
The WinBe Method
WinBe is a time-tested, ever expanding English School in Japan, with branches reaching from Hokkaido to Kyushu. Our goal is to bring English education in Japan to a new level, with high results gained from a conversation and culturally driven curriculum. Our instructors are encouraged to provide students with fun & creative classes that focus on real-life conversational skills – we believe when students are having fun, they are more engaged; and when instructors are having fun, they provide the best possible lessons!
The native English instructor is the centerpiece of a WinBe school. WinBe instructors work with their school's Japanese staff, head office staff, and other WinBe instructors to assess the needs of their students and provide them with the best possible lessons. Most WinBe students are children ages 3-14, but instructors may be asked to teach both children and adults. Classes emphasize practical language, and instructors conduct their classes completely in English. While WinBe has a set curriculum, instructors use their creativity to prepare fun and interesting classes that best suit their students; this allows ample creative freedom to inject passion and enthusiasm into your class.
We would like our instructors to see themselves as the representatives of their respective countries and act accordingly in a fun and professional manner at all times. An instructor's perspective: "Working for WinBe is about achieving your full potential as a constructive and creative instructor."
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting salary of ￥250,000/month. (Career advancement opportunities available.)
- Teachers receive fully-paid comprehensive initial training, during which accommodation and transportation reimbursement can be provided if necessary.
- Usable and transferable experience & skills gained via regular teaching workshops held throughout the year.
- Company holidays which fall predominantly on the three main holidays in Japan; Golden Week, Obon, and Christmas/New Year.
- Ten paid vacation days a year (after 6 months of employment.)
- Work-related commuting costs reimbursed.
- Social Security & Health Insurance provided.
- Visa sponsorship opportunities available, overseas applicants welcome!
- Instructors work 8 hours a day, including a 45-minute break, 5 days a week (generally Tuesday through Saturday.)
- Shift times are typically 13:00-21:00 on weekdays, and 10:00-18:00 on weekends. (Schedules may differ school by school.)
Nagano: A Brief Introduction
Most famous for its world-class winter sports resorts and breathtaking mountain scenery, Nagano Prefecture is located in the center of mainland Japan, landlocked within the Japanese Alps. First internationally recognized for hosting the 1998 Winter Olympic Games, it is now a popular tourist destination for those looking to experience the region’s rugged scenery, picturesque vistas, and sprawling ski slopes.
If winter sports are not your forte, you can also choose to spend your free time visiting the region’s many historical and recreational attractions as well; relax and rejuvenate at one of Nagano’s many famous onsens, share a hot bath with a Japanese Macaque at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, or visit Suwa Grand Shrine, one of the oldest known shrines in existence. When it comes time to satisfy one’s appetite, Nagano offers an assortment of regional specialties like Shinshu soba, traditional buckwheat noodles bearing the prefecture’s original name, or Oyaki, a steamed/boiled dumpling filled with a variety of different ingredients including fresh vegetables or anko bean paste. Lovers of all things spicy will also be pleased to hear that the region is particularly famous for its production of Shichimi, a seven-spice blend used as a condiment on a variety of foods including ramen and gyudon.
Tourists and residents enjoy Nagano for its slower, more traditionally authentic pace of life that only rural Japan can provide. Those looking to step outside their comfort zone and fully immerse themselves in real, unadulterated Japanese language & culture need look no further than the quaint, tightly-knit communities of Nagano’s mountainside towns. Come and experience real cultural exchange, discover what authentic small-town life in Japan has to offer, and foster memories that will last a lifetime!
For more details, please visit our homepage:
*While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. *