The Tokyo Association of International Preschools (TAIP) is an organization of schools, teachers and services that aim to serve the needs of the early childhood education community in Japan.
Why become a member?
1. Expand your network with like-minded professionals – developing professional relationships in your industry is a great way to grow, share ideas and be apart of something bigger than just your school.
2. Learn new skills and gain valuable professional experience – take advantage of professional development opportunities. Find (or become) a mentor to help yourself and others grow as professional educators. Benchmark and bounce ideas off of other members as we all work together for a common goal.
3. Learn about professional development opportunities – being part of TAIP is being part of a close and helpful community. No only will you find out about, and participate in, the latest professional development opportunities, you may just find your next job through the network that you have made at TAIP.
4. Give your reputation a lift and differentiate yourself – whether you are a member or in a leadership role, showing peers, employers, and parents that you are a member of TAIP shows that you are serious about your profession.
5. Fun! – we have social gatherings as well. Sometimes it is difficult to make friends if you are working for a small school, live in a rural area, or just arrived in Japan. TAIP members are mainly teachers which makes us naturally social people that love to have a good time.