This week University Teacher Ben from Retire Japan drops in to share his wealth of knowledge about the very important, but rarely talked about topic of preparing for retirement while in Japan. Enjoooy.
(Apologies for my mic dropping out for about 45 seconds at the 19:00 minute mark. Consider it an Easter Egg.)
- 3:08 – Intro – Ben’s beginnings in Japan on JET
- 5:29 – Ben’s path through Japan (getting dropped by the BOE and finding a University Job)
- 12:00 – Transitioning from Eikaiwa Manager to HR Manager with a different company
- 16:45 – Basics of Retirement/Investing while in Japan
- 23:00 – Should People that don’t want to live in Japan forever still invest in Japan?
- 25:45 – What’s a robo-advisor?
- 29:00 – Final Advice
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS