- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Consulting / Business Analysis, Information Technology, Research / Survey, Telecommunication
- Salary 9M JPY / Year entitled to commission
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Native
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
The Account Executive, working within the Informa Tech team in the Japan, will execute against sales goals, including accurate forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer needs/challenges, delivering executive IHS point of view dialogue, delivering solution presentations to new customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the unique IHS value proposition.
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across IHS Markit’s Technology business, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics focused on market expansion and penetration.
- Show aggressive and polished tactics in opening up relationships and closing business opportunities
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the fiscal year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline effectively -creating and managing their sales pipeline of business opportunities in CRM within the assigned territory
- Generating leads from face-to-face needs discovery calls with customers as well as following inbound leads from marketing, the technology analyst team, industry events and other sources.
- Based on opportunities in the sales pipeline in CRM, provide weekly forecasts within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan
- Understanding the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Establish a strong network & relationships with the key decision makers as well as C-level executives within the customers’ organizations to expand sales of IHS Markit Technology products, services and consulting engagements
- Research and stay one step ahead of the market, the client’s needs and competitive intelligence, develop and execute account plans & strategies for key customers in conjunction with sales & business leadership
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the manufacturer and technology related industries, including industry trends, business processes, financial measurements, performance indicators and key competitors.
- Competency in delivering price for value relative to the appropriate product solution, working with Product, Consultant, Sales Management and Analyst to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure customers’ satisfaction
- EE, Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent prefer
- Telecommunications, Mobile Network industry experience desired, especially in semiconductor industries, covered more than 3 industries in the past – Telecommunications, Mobile Network, Automotive, Industrial Automation etc.
- Good listening skills, resilient, persuasive, and sense of humor
- Analytical, structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- 3+ years’ experience in sales experience working in sales
- Excellent Japanese and English written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable being an individual contributor, faster learner quick perform
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- 10%-15%+ travel required
Thank you for applying. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.